Certification Body Performance
Audit Availability, February 2020
Average 43 days from audit finish to document availability on the BRCGS Directory
Administration pace differs between certification bodies
Certification Body compliance
The performance of certification bodies is formally reviewed every six months (normally April and October).
During this review we look at five key areas:
• Quality of written audit reports, reviewed on a sample basis
• Compliance to protocols: How audits are conducted and reported
• Auditor registration and compliance training, experience and competence requirements
• How quickly the audit data is made available on the BRCGS Directory
• Communication with the BRCGS compliance team
Only approved certification bodies are listed on the BRCGS Directory.
If the performance of a certification body is under review, sanctions may include suspension of approval and subsequent withdrawal from BRC Directory listing.
We also award a performance rating for each certification body based on their service performance (1 – 5 stars). This rating reflects the overall management of the BRCGS certification scheme by the certification body head office, rather than an individual auditor or audit. This rating is published against the certification body listing on the BRCGS Directory. Certification bodies that have not carried out enough audits in the period to be rated are ‘pending’.